Ali Marpet signs contract extension with Bucs

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ali Marpet signs contract extension with Bucs

liny195
 A favorite among many — both within the organization and among the fans — will stick around in Tampa Bay for six more years.The Buccaneers announced today that guard Ali Marpet has signed a six-year extension through 2023.“One of our top priorities heading into this season was to secure our core players to long-term deals and I am thrilled to add Ali to that list [url=http://www.tampabaybuccaneersteamonline.com]www.tampabaybuccaneersteamonline.com[/url] ,” said Buccaneers General Manager Jason Licht. “In his first four seasons, Ali has developed into one of the league’s best offensive guards and we believe he will only continue to improve. His ability to play multiple positions across the line, along with his strong work ethic and overall leadership abilities, were all important factors in our decision to ensure he remains a Buccaneer for the long term.”Marpet was a second-round draft pick in 2015. Since being drafted, he has started every game he has played in. His versatility makes him an asset to the team as he is currently playing at left guard after experimenting at center last season. He was at right guard the previous two seasons.The 25-year-old has been a part of a line that has helped boost the Bucs offense to the top of the league and has been ranked as one of the top offensive lineman in the NFL.“I feel incredibly grateful,” said Marpet. “It’s awesome that the Buccaneers wanted me here as much as I wanted to stay here. I love the Tampa Bay community and the organization and I want to thank the Glazer family for making this possible.”NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo has the details for the extension.Buccaneers represented in ESPN’s Top 100 After being snubbed by the NFL’s Top 100 on NFL Network, the Buccaneers have some representation in ESPN’s Top 100 projected list where they predict the top 100 performers in the NFL for the 2018 season.Gerald McCoy came in at number 46 [url=http://www.tampabaybuccaneersteamonline.com/t-shirts]Tampa Bay Buccaneers T-Shirt[/url] , getting praise for his quick get-off at the snap and having the most sacks in the NFL at defensive tackle since 2013.Mike Evans comes in at 49 as only the third receiver in NFL history to have over 1,000 yards in the first four seasons of a career. Finally, Lavonte David gets some recognition coming in at number 70. David has the most tackles since 2012 and is the only player in history to have 450+ tackles, 15+ sacks, and 10+ interceptions in his first five seasons.Although there may be a few payers who take exception to not being named on the list - Kwon Alexander, Brent Grimes, and Jason Pierre-Paul to name a few - it can only serve as motivation that this team still gets ignoredand overlooked.Well [url=http://www.tampabaybuccaneersteamonline.com/hats]Tampa Bay Buccaneers Hats[/url] , there’s only one way to change that. The list was compiled very similarly to the way the NFL Network does their list. In ESPN’s case, they surveyed the NFL experts at ESPN to rate players using a 1-to-100 scale, then compiled the average to fill out their list.As always, Jenna Laine did a great job representing the Buccaneers.