Buffalo Bills Customized Jerseys

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Buffalo Bills Customized Jerseys

huangjian123
RICHMOND Authentic Josh Sitton Jersey , Va. (AP) — The Washington Redskins made a surprise move three weeks into training camp by releasing veteran cornerback Orlando Scandrick.

Scandrick signed a two-year deal with Washington in March after being cut by the Dallas Cowboys and had been practicing with the first-team defense. Coach Jay Gruden on Tuesday said the play of second-year cornerback Fabian Moreau, sixth-round pick Greg Stroman, undrafted free agents Danny Johnson and Ranthony Texada and supplemental draft pick Adonis Alexander played into the decision.

“It had nothing to do with his play,” Gruden said. “It was more the rookies’ emergence, really. We drafted Stroman, we got Adonis in the supplemental (draft) and then nobody could really predict Danny and Texada the way they’ve played. And we want to give Orlando ample time to get on another team.”

More than anything, it seemed like Scandrick wasn’t a good fit in the Redskins’ secondary. They signed him after sending cornerback Kendall Fuller to Kansas City as part of the trade for quarterback Alex Smith but before adding Stroman, Alexander, Johnson and Texada.

Moreau, a 2017 third-round pick, moves into the nickel cornerback spot behind 2015 All-Pro Josh Norman and Dunbar, a converted receiver the team is high on. Gruden hopes releasing Scandrick will get Moreau more snaps in practice and preseason games to prepare him for a bigger role.

“He’s a strong, physical kid and can run,” Gruden said. “When somebody else is here and Fabian’s not taking reps, it’s not doing anybody any good. So we have to see Fabian. Fabian’s got to go through it, learn it Youth Joe Flacco Jersey , make his mistakes. We’ve got to get them corrected so when we play Arizona, we have a great confidence Fabian knows what to do and how to communicate and the leverages and techniques we want him to play.”

The Sports Capitol reported there was an organizational split on Scandrick’s attitude that contributed to his release. The 31-year-old brought a big personality with him to Washington, and his play slipping amid an impressive showing by younger cornerbacks made him expendable.

“I was surprised,” Norman said. “That wasn’t something that I thought was going to happen. Then again, you can’t be surprised what happens in this league.”

Add in his injury history — Scandrick played just 11 games last season and 12 in 2016 — and the Redskins opted to move on early before even seeing him in a second preseason game. Gruden said the team could sign another cornerback to fill Scandrick’s spot on the 90-man roster, but indicated adding a high-profile veteran isn’t in the plans.

“We’re going to go with what we have right now,” Gruden said. “Right now we like what we have.”

Johnson in particular has stood out in camp and the preseason opener at New England, going from earning a look as a rookie minicamp tryout to a strong bet to make the team. Gruden said the coaching staff likes the Southern University product’s competitive nature and playmaking ability.

“He’s been solid all the way around,” Gruden said. “He’s a good tackler. He’s done a great job. Everything we’ve asked him to do, he’s done and a very competitive kid.”

Releasing Scandrick is also an endorsement of Dunbar, who has spent his entire NFL career adjusting from wide receiver to cornerback. Dunbar is expected to start alongside Norman.

“I definitely feel like they’re putting a lot of faith in me, but I have faith in myself,” Dunbar said. “The body of work that I’ve done over the last three years from me switching from wide receiver to cornerback, that was every bit of me just buying into the process and the grind.”

NOTES: WR Josh Doctson missed practice Monday with a sore heel but returned Tuesday. Gruden said Doctson’s absence was not related to Achilles’ tendon soreness that cost him most of the 2016 season. … The Redskins released LB Alex McCalister with an injury settlement.

They’re not comparable to Power Five players, or even guys from the MAC, AAC or Mountain West. At least not on the football field.

In the classroom? That’s no contest.

Work in such subjects as nuclear physics Authentic Jaccob Slavin Jersey , applied and computational mathematics, or geological engineering help Ivy Leaguers stand out in the real world. For NFL personnel people, such a resume is impressive – yet means a lot less than how fast a player ran the 40, how many squats he can do, or his injury history.

That doesn’t mean the eight Ivy League schools who play in FCS – and don’t go to bowl games – get ignored by the pros. Indeed, there were 16 Ivies in the NFL last season, six starters. Two more were selected last weekend: Penn receiver Justin Watson in the fifth round by the Buccaneers, and Yale safety/linebacker Foye Oluokun in the sixth by the Falcons. A few others have been signed as undrafted free agents.

Among the dozen 2017 pros were Tampa Bay tight end Cameron Brate of Harvard and New England fullback James Develin of Brown. Brate had 48 receptions for a 12.3-yard average and six touchdowns as one of Jameis Winston’s favorite targets with the Bucs. Develin merely has won two Super Bowls and made the Pro Bowl last season, as did 49ers fullback Kyle Juszczyk , who attended Harvard.

”It takes an incredibly driven and dedicated individual to excel at the highest levels of academia and athletic competition,” says Robin Harris, executive director of the Ivy League. ”The Ivy League’s unique approach allows our student-athletes to focus on reaching their fullest potential in both realms and prepares them for lifelong success, whether in their field of study or professional athletic opportunities.”

Oluokun hopes to seize his opportunity as a linebacker in Atlanta, though he’s versatile enough to handle safety duties. At 6-1, 234, he’s got the size J'Mon Moore Jersey , and can handle pass coverage.

Then again, when you can juggle a course load filled with the likes of macroeconomics, econometrics and European economic history, you probably can breeze through a playbook.

”I believe 100 percent it prepares you,” Oluokun says of the schoolwork at Yale and the challenges of making the NFL. ”You have got to put in that work and there are really no shortcuts here, and if you get behind you need to catch up, and that’s not easy. So if you make that mistake, you learn from it.

”At first thought I thought it might be stressful,” he adds of being a student-athlete in the Ivy League, ”but it really is manageable if you approach it the right way. You have teachers who will help you out and you have tutors if you need them, or other students are kind of helping you out because they are in the same situation.”

Except that the great majority of football players from Yale, Penn, Columbia, Harvard, Brown, Princeton http://www.ravensauthorizedshops.com/authentic-orlando-brown-jr.-jersey , Dartmouth and Cornell are not heading to the NFL. Still, the true standouts get drafted, going back to 1949, when Penn’s two-way lineman Chuck Bednarik went first overall to Philadelphia. All Bednarik eventually did was make the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Ivies in the league last season were Brate; Develin; Juszczyk; Giants tight end Ryan O’Malley (Penn); Colts center Anthony Fabiano (Harvard); Giants long snapper Zak DeOssie (Brown); Browns center J.C. Tretter (Cornell); Seahawks long snapper Tyler Ott (Harvard); Browns tight end Seth DeValve (Princeton); Colts defensive tackle Caraun Reid (Princeton); Panthers center Greg Van Roten (Penn); Jets linebacker Josh Martin (Columbia); Buccaneers quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick (Harvard); Bills center Adam Redmond (Harvard); Bears tight end Ben Braunecker (Harvard); and Vikings guard Nick Easton (Harvard).

Two current head coaches, Dallas’ Jason Garrett (Princeton) and Houston’s Bill O’Brien (Brown) also are Ivy guys.

”The NFL is incredibly challenging for all players, especially rookies that have to make a big adjustment playing against professionals,” says Princeton coach Bob Surace. ”I have been impressed by the talent level of the athletes in the Ivy League. More high school football players have turned down Power Five schools recently as they realize they can reach their athletic dreams and long-term career goals better in the Ivy League than any other conference.

”As important, we are having more players make NFL teams better because our players love to compete, they have outstanding work habits and a burning desire to achieve at the highest level in everything they do.”

Including, given the chance, in the NFL.

Cheap Minnesota Vikings Jerseys