atson will pla

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

atson will pla

panxing18
Hamilton Tiger-Cats quarterback Johnny Manziel says signing with the Canadian Football League was all about wanting to get back on a football field as soon as possible.

Manziel said on PFT Live that he didn’t want to wait any longer Dennis Smith Jersey , and that’s why he’s now in a CFL training camp, rather than hoping to end up in an NFL training camp or playing in the Alliance of American Football next year.

“It was really the wait,” he said. “I didn’t want to get into something down the road where I’m waiting until August, waiting until training camps open Adam Shaheen Jersey , and then if something doesn’t transpire I’m getting here late.”

Manziel does believe some NFL teams were considering him, but the offer to return to the NFL didn’t come and he had to make the decision to sign with the CFL.

“I think it was close,” Manziel said. “I did reach out and talk to multiple teams and coaches I had met in my first couple years in the league.”

Now Manziel has a competition in camp, where he’ll try to earn the starting job in Hamilton. He signed a two-year contract with Hamilton Chase Daniel Jersey , so he won’t be returning to the NFL any time soon, if ever. But he’s glad the wait is over.

Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson last played in a game when Houston lost to Seattle 41-38 on October 29, but it looks like he’ll be getting some game action this week.

Watson’s recovery from the torn ACL that ended his rookie season has progressed well throughout the offseason and he’s been on the field practicing since the start of training camp, which left head coach Bill O’Brien to answer a question about whether Watson will play against the Chiefs on Thursday night.

O’Brien didn’t commit to an answer Sean Mannion Jersey , but said, via multiple reporters, that it is “more likely” that Watson will be in the lineup than on the sideline. Assuming Watson does play, he probably won’t make much more than a cameo appearance before Brandon Weeden Josh Lambo Jersey , Joe Webb and/or Stephen Morris get their turn to run the offense.

A short appearance might not offer much in immediate returns, but it does offer the promise of full appearances down the road for a player the Texans missed desperately after he was hurt in 2017. That’s not a bad outcome from a preseason opener.

Authentic Womens J'Mon Moore Jersey